Tall Tree Property Owners Association
60 Cypress Creek Drive • Mount Vernon, TX 75457 •  (903) 860-2694
 

Home

Newsletters

POA Meeting Minutes

POA Budget

Bulletins

About Tall Tree POA
    Contacts
    Maps
    POA Meetings
    Women's Club
    Swimming Pool/Tennis
    Trash Disposal
    Septic System Information

POA Policy
    Off Road Vehicles
    Dog Leash Rules
    Burning Regulations

    Rental Property Information

Fees and Rentals
    Maintenance Fees/Assessments
    Permit Fee Schedule
    Permit Applications
    Club House Rental
    Trailer Storage Rental
    Sign Permit

Privately Owned Property for Sale

Articles of Incorporation
    
Restated Restrictions and Covenants

Restated By-Laws 

Tall Tree Community Policies
   
Photo Gallery

Links
    Tall Tree on Facebook
    Franklin County Water District
    USGS Web Site for Cypress Springs
   
Texas Parks and Wildlife
    East Texas Guidel
    Franklin Co. Extension Service
    Franklin Co. Chamber of Commerce


   

                                            TALL TREE POA BOARD MEETING
JUNE 12, 2018

Tall Tree Board of Directors met in Regular Session, June 12, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. in the Tall Tree Clubhouse located at 60 Cypress Creek Dr.

Call to Order:  Board Member Ed Loutherback called the Tall Tree Board of Directors meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. 

Introduction of Guests:  Bill Miller, Chris Glenz, Jody Williams.

Roll Call of Officers: Board Member Sandy Stephens called roll: Ed Claypool, President (by phone); Sandy Stephens, Ed Loutherback, Tim Doell, Michael Morgan, and Ridley Briggs. Julie Boyd was absent. Property Manager Anthony Nelson and Office Assistant Donna Gunn were also present.

Property Owner Open Forum:  No one spoke.

Approval of May Minutes:   Ed Loutherback asked the Board for objections or comments to anything in the May 2018 Minutes.
Motion to approve by Tim Doell and seconded by Sandy Stephens.  Unanimously approved.

Officer Reports:  Treasurer Report:  Ridley Briggs  

  • May Cash Flow report was presented to the Board.  Beginning Balance Operating account end of April was $22,409.85, Income for May was $26,328.87 and Expenses were $23,253.75. Savings Accounts (including C.D.’s) are approximately $190,291.58, which includes South Road Assessment, General Roads, Retaining Wall, Special Projects, and North Road Assessment.  The Month of May had a Cash Flow of $13,745.15.  

Committee & Other Reports:  

Maintenance:  Anthony Nelson presented an update to the Board about funds collected by our Collection Co. From 03/31/18 – 05/30/18 a total of $41,000.00. They have been doing a great job collecting Delinquent accounts.  Because of their work, Anthony has been able to place 14 liens, and B. F. Hicks is working on 2 Repossessions. Anthony’s suggestion is to submit the repossessions out for Bids with a Minimum Bid.
Anthony also notified the Board that the Office really needs a Laptop computer as the Board has been using Members to do PowerPoint for display at all Tall Tree Meetings, including the Annual Meeting in October.  He estimated the cost at $400.00 and would have all reports saved on it. Since the President can approve without Board vote, further research
Anthony explained to the Board that the Office copier is more than 15 years old, is falling apart, and parts are not available.  He has found a copier that is only 4 years old and has been relatively lightly used by the Winnsboro ISD.  A copier like that can be purchased for $1,200.00 as opposed to a new one at $4,000.00.  The service contract is $365.00 annually and includes a toner. It is the same brand as what we use and will give us the ability to print from our Office computers directly.
Motion made by Mike Morgan to purchase the Copier for $1,200.00 and the Yearly Service Contract for $365.00 which includes the toner for a year.  Ridley Briggs seconded the motion.  Unanimously approved.
Anthony explained to the Board that since he had not gotten any response from Property Owners regarding putting the Flags out for July 4th Holiday, the Maintenance men would only be putting

 

out a portion which will include the Services, State and MIA’s flanked by the American Flags at each entrance. Ridley Briggs volunteered to put the flags out.
Ed Loutherback asked about the property settlement on Windy Point and found that B. F. Hicks was still reviewing and should be submitted to for signatures soon.

Tim Doell advised the Board that his research showed that the search for a new Insurance Carrier should begin 6 months before year end renewal.  From his research he did find things that needed to be changed in the Policy Manual to reflect tighter control on use of Tall Tree Properties; such as Clubhouse Rules should not accommodate Non-Residents/Non-Property Owners at all.  Also, he suggested to the Board that the Clubhouse Rules be revised to show “Warming and Serving” only (Not Preparing) use for the ovens.  He offered to restructure the verbiage for Board review and vote.  Another item that is not reflected in current documents of Construction Guidelines is the new Septic requirements for under road piping. Ed Claypool asked Tim if he would please write up a close out report of his findings regarding an Insurance Carrier search.

Fee Structure Committee:  Ed Loutherback continued to lead the discussion regarding fee increases that will raise the funds needed without being burdensome to Property Owners. Much of the increase would be in the Road Assessments. Ed feels a new summarization is needed showing a “cap” at so many lots, and to present a clearer picture to the Board before voting.  Board Member Sandy Stephens also presented options keeping in mind the original outline presented to committee was to increase income but to be fairer in fees between lot sizes and location.  1.) Annual Maintenance Dues in the East would remain the same at $220.00 yr.; The North would be lowered to $200.00 a year; and the South raised $40.00 for an Interior Lot, and $80.00 for Waterfront. 2.) To have a Simple, Uniform increase in Maintenance Dues capping fees after 5 lots. i.e. 100% 1st lot; 50% 2nd lot; 25% 3rd lot; 10% 4th lot; 5% 5th lot. 3.) To set up an additional Designated fund for Future Reserves in addition to the Road Assessment, and place $15,000.00 annually in this fund to be used for restoration/improvement of existing structures.  Ridley Briggs commented that the Committee had done what was requested by providing a mechanism for the Board to use to determine the rate for the amount of funds needed for repair/improvements.  That could be done at a Work Session for the Board.  The numbers the Board would work with is figured on the information available on April 19, 2018 ownership and Dues owed at that time. Discussion further included differentiation between main lake, cove, channel, and water view, etc. The Board continued to discuss different proposals, and plan to bring consolidated proposals to July’s meeting.

Policy Update:  Ed Loutherback suggested that the Fireworks Policy be changed to reflect the same times as the Water District.  Ed Claypool asked that a statement be written before the vote.  Ed Loutherback will do this and the changes to the Fireworks Policy and the Clubhouse Policy will be presented to the Board at the next meeting for a vote.

Financial Control Committee:  Ed Loutherback explained that Richard Hamrick was unable to attend the meeting this month but would be presenting their findings in detail to the Board in July.

Ed Loutherback also asked Michael Morgan present a monthly summary of permits in process to the Board, mainly the Building / Renovation permits under Committee Reports. Also, to include fines and work stoppage. He would also like to know how our fees compare with other comparable Developments in the area. 

 

 

 

Round Table:   Ed Loutherback spoke concerning the Holy Highway Girls being invited again in the future since the people who are now doing the invite are no longer Tall Tree Residents.  Michael Morgan stated that he and his wife have sponsored this in the past but were not here this year because they were out of town.  This was originally sponsored by the Ladies Club, and if it will still be sponsored by them, Property Owners must be in attendance and co-ordinate with the Board at the meeting before the function.  He also requested that anytime an e-mail is sent to the Board by any Member, a response is needed.  He specifically noted sending requests for input on the final draft of the Newsletter, and not everyone responded. 

Motion to adjourn by Ridley Briggs at 7:50 p.m.

Submitted by:  Donna Gunn
Office Assistant